Writing successful programs requires insurers to forecast the long range vicissitudes of risks and exposure—difficult calculations in the current economic climate. With a wealth of historic insurance knowledge and in-depth understanding of current issues, Mendes provides astute guidance.
Our counseling services have helped hundreds of insurers evaluate risk, determine premiums, gauge volume, anticipate claims and ensure that policy wordings are unambiguous. We offer coverage opinions to insurers on primary and excess insurance and to reinsurers on facultative, quota share, treaty and other types of reinsurance claims.
Mendes also provides pre-underwriting, claim and reserve audits; claim supervision; and, advice concerning the drafting of policy wordings. We also advise on:
- Binding Authority Liability Programs
- Charitable Properties
- Commercial General Liability
- Commercial Automobile/Trucking
- Construction Defect/Architects and Engineers
- Directors and Officers Reinsurance
- Environmental, including Underground Storage Tanks
- Healthcare (Physician/Hospital Medical Malpractice)
- Liquor Law Liability
- Miscellaneous Errors and Omissions
- Municipality/Public Official Errors and Omissions
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Property and Casualty
- Recreation (Sports and Leisure)
- School Board Errors and Omissions
- Workers’ Compensation
In addition to drafting insurance contracts and binding authority agreements, we also develop claims handling and defense counsel guidelines. Mendes also provides similar claims handling guidelines for the clients and claims staffs of companies we audit.
State-of-the-Art Data Management
The Mendes IT team develops sophisticated programs to store and manage client information and produce reports. Clients have direct access to audit reports 24/7 through the firm’s secure Web portal.