Since joining Mendes in 1992, Jim has worked on insurance litigation and arbitration matters. In regard to litigation matters, he has represented London Market insurers in environmental and health hazard insurance coverage litigations, professional liability coverage litigations (directors and officers and entity liability claims) and in first party property coverage litigations. With respect to arbitration matters, Jim has represented London Market insurers in reinsurance arbitrations concerning environmental and health hazard claims. Jim has also represented insureds in personal injury litigations, including litigations involving premises liability claims.
Jim is a member of the ABA and a member of the Tort and Insurance Section. Jim also participates each year in the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law’s Trial Advocacy Program for second and third year law students as an Adjunct Faculty member.
750 Seventh Avenue New York New York, NY, 10019
- University of Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1982
- University of California, Santa Barbara B.A., 1978
- New York, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 6th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York, 1995