Mary Ann has over 30 years experience in representing North American and European insurance companies in complex coverage litigation in New York and throughout the United States. Major coverage litigation experience includes asbestos, pollution, health hazards, railroads, utilities, D & O, and other professional liability and first-party property coverage disputes. In addition, a substantial portion of Mary Ann’s practice over the last 16 years has been devoted to the litigation, arbitration, and mediation of reinsurance disputes encompassing a broad range of subject matters and issues, with heavy emphasis on underlying asbestos and pollution matters along with current catastrophe-related disputes involving hurricanes and the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Over the course of her professional career, Mary Ann has also been engaged in the direct defense of general liability, products liability, and professional liability claims in State and Federal Courts in New York.
Mary Ann has participated in numerous industry panels and educational seminars addressing Insurance and Reinsurance issues and litigation and arbitration practice and procedures.
750 Seventh Avenue New York New York, NY, 10019
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 1975
- Fordham University, B.A., 1972
- New York, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 2nd Circuit, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 3rd Circuit, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 6th Circuit, 1976
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York, 1976
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995